Kewaunee Ship Building and Engineering was established by a group of seven investors.
The company built and launched 80 vessels for the army.
Various ships manufactured at Kewaunee were christened from 1941-1945.
The launch of the FS-344.
The company was privately owned by Fred J. Peterson until 1985. In 1945, Fred renamed the company Kewaunee Engineering Corporation.
Kewaunee Fabrications and its employees in 1956.
A fire destroys Kewaunee Engineering Corporation
The new facility was completed.
“King Post” for the 300′ cargo ship crane of 216 capacity shipped from the port of Kewaunee.
Kewaunee Engineering, as it was known, was purchased by Gerald and Allen Lamer of Marine Travelift.
This year continued with a diverse workload including; construction equipment, Timbco Feiler Buncher frames, and aerial ladders for Pierce.
Over the decades shipbuilding gave way to other types of fabrication work, including development and manufacture of equipment handling trailers and work for major construction names. In 1999, Kewaunee Fabrications became a subsidiary of Oshkosh Corporation, one of the fastest growing companies in the United States.
Today, Kewaunee Fabrications is a resource for some of the world’s leading Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs), such as Oshkosh Defense, Pierce Manufacturing and JLG Industries. These industrial giants rely on us for the best in heavy fabrications.